Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New ideas/changes to the server (pen and kat)

Trailor Trash

Default New ideas/changes to the server (pen and kat)

Disclaimer: This is a long post....but stick with it and check it out, Pen and myself are working very hard to make everyone happy and the server a better place to play at! So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, read this and give us any criticism/praise that you can come up with!

1.) When loading into the server We would like to have a side menu box that displays the rules/requirements of playing in our servers, and you have to either agree and you get to stay...or Disagree and you are kicked.
    I.E. 1.) respect admins 2.) rates (what rates should be set to) 3.)no bashing on nubs...etc.
    A good example of the box is on the noobsalad servers.

2.) When there are more than 20 people on the server we add two more awps per team.

3.) IF, and I mean IF possible restrict flashbangs to one per person...(this is not absolutely critical, but would really help eliminate the amount of the round we are staying flashed.)

4.) Team talk while alive, and All talk while dead. This will help eliminate the amount of people muted and banned for mic spamming, as well as, will encourage the players who are alive to actually focus on the game at hand, and be able to hear.

5.) If possible unrestricted awps after midnight. When the awps were completely unrestricted at the night, we had a longer and more full server night life!! I think that if we continue having an jr.owner/top players/ admins on during the super late hours, that the server over time will pick up to be a complete 24hr server!!! We have the people, and attract the crowd for it. I think having the awps unrestricted will also help the awp lovers get a chance to have their way with the server as well...so It will be the best of both worlds, and those who don't like the awps can know that as long as they log in before midnight that they are restricted!

6.) Auto server restart after 50-100 rounds to eliminate any lag problems and consistency with the server especially if our night life continues to thrive.

7.) Server lag: The server has been experiencing quiet a bit of lag during the times of 20+ players...Restarts Aren't eliminating it. If required pen and myself are willing to remove all admin sounds (they are very, very rarely used), any extra stuff that is on the map including the body vapor. *Side note: the admin sounds could be removed either way to eliminate download times*

8.) Hit boxes: one day they are dead on...the Next it seems like they are off....I Don't really know how to explain it, maybe pen can, look for his input on this.

This is what I have so far, if any admins/regs/players have any ideas please just let us know...we Are willing to look at them and see if we can incorporate them.
    Much Love _MasTa_KaT

g0d! Contributing Member siosios's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:13488560
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kat View Post
    Disclaimer: This is a long post....but stick with it and check it out, Pen and myself are working very hard to make everyone happy and the server a better place to play at! So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, read this and give us any criticism/praise that you can come up with!

1.) When loading into the server We would like to have a side menu box that displays the rules/requirements of playing in our servers, and you have to either agree and you get to stay...or Disagree and you are kicked.
    I.E. 1.) respect admins 2.) rates (what rates should be set to) 3.)no bashing on nubs...etc.
    A good example of the box is on the noobsalad servers.

2.) When there are more than 20 people on the server we add two more awps per team.

3.) IF, and I mean IF possible restrict flashbangs to one per person...(this is not absolutely critical, but would really help eliminate the amount of the round we are staying flashed.)

4.) Team talk while alive, and All talk while dead. This will help eliminate the amount of people muted and banned for mic spamming, as well as, will encourage the players who are alive to actually focus on the game at hand, and be able to hear.

5.) If possible unrestricted awps after midnight. When the awps were completely unrestricted at the night, we had a longer and more full server night life!! I think that if we continue having an jr.owner/top players/ admins on during the super late hours, that the server over time will pick up to be a complete 24hr server!!! We have the people, and attract the crowd for it. I think having the awps unrestricted will also help the awp lovers get a chance to have their way with the server as well...so It will be the best of both worlds, and those who don't like the awps can know that as long as they log in before midnight that they are restricted!

6.) Auto server restart after 50-100 rounds to eliminate any lag problems and consistency with the server especially if our night life continues to thrive.

7.) Server lag: The server has been experiencing quiet a bit of lag during the times of 20+ players...Restarts Aren't eliminating it. If required pen and myself are willing to remove all admin sounds (they are very, very rarely used), any extra stuff that is on the map including the body vapor. *Side note: the admin sounds could be removed either way to eliminate download times*

8.) Hit boxes: one day they are dead on...the Next it seems like they are off....I Don't really know how to explain it, maybe pen can, look for his input on this.

This is what I have so far, if any admins/regs/players have any ideas please just let us know...we Are willing to look at them and see if we can incorporate them.
    Much Love _MasTa_KaT
    1) doable
    2) already done by my script
    3) i would rather remove smokes
    4) already in the works
    5) will have to look into that
    6&7) lag is from too many game servers on the main server... will be eliminating servers tonight.
    hit boxes are mainly determined by your computers communication with the server so its different for all people that play here.
    ------------------------------------------------

|W0rd|SexualTurtletara420ת/ύ: Hey there daddy..

\\\ ///
    ( @ @ )
    .....o00o.(_).o00o.....

------------------------------------------

The Soopa Koopa Troopa N/U Marine
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:3225001

Well my 2cents
    Rules box is good idea, specially if admin can force people to read them, by command. I think this is a mani thing tho....

I think the server was overall better with more AWPs. It takes getting used to, but I think the AWP, is one of the reasons I like NU. But it can be hard to play and enjoy yourself. Maybe we can give admins a vote option in game for this? or have an auto vote every 25 rounds? I dunno there has to be some way that everyone can play the way they want.

I really don't care about the all talk thing either way. But i think
    if it could toggle off when there are more people in the server, you would see a lot less complaints. Personally I think all-talk can help poplulate a server. Once again admin vote for this?

I honestly think this lag thing is in a lot of peoples heads. Certain people lag, and you are more likely to see it in a full server, but there are few times when I see everyone lag. The only exception, is when someone is hacking. Hakers can cuase major server lag!
    But that being said, I really think that we can remove 90% of the sounds on the server. We(I) only use a couple, and if the other 10% have to go if it helps the server, I'm for it. Sios can correct me, but removing the body vapor would not reduce server lag. The effect is one built into source engine, and body ragdolls are mostly tracked by the client. I really like this feature, it helps fps lag with bomb explosions, HE nades. This really makes our servers unique.
    aka
    Soopa Koopa Troopa
    As & Ks
    [url=http://www.finalbattleground.com/profile/soopa+koopa+troopa/][img]http://sig.finalbattleground.com/p/13170.jpg[/img][/url]

N/U Commando
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:15012290

Well said Kat ! I agree with everything above. I also realize that we cannot please everyone all the time. But its little things like this basically trial and Error to see what works the best. I think Now "meaning " the next few days is a great time to implement these new changes to the servers. People will be online the most due to the holidays, We could see how it effects. And if its a fail theirs nothing stopping us from changing it back. We have a great crowd of people playing LOTS of hours. These few changes to me would be very worth it.

Please Admins and the Dust2 Faithful post your ideas !
    Carry your last name, Don't let it carry you !

NoSympathy

I don't like the rules thing. Although I don't play there much I don't think it's a very good idea simply because a lot of people are going to get the wrong idea about how the server is run.

g0d! Contributing Member siosios's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:13488560
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penatrater View Post
    Well said Kat ! I agree with everything above. I also realize that we cannot please everyone all the time. But its little things like this basically trial and Error to see what works the best. I think Now "meaning " the next few days is a great time to implement these new changes to the servers. People will be online the most due to the holidays, We could see how it effects. And if its a fail theirs nothing stopping us from changing it back. We have a great crowd of people playing LOTS of hours. These few changes to me would be very worth it.

Please Admins and the Dust2 Faithful post your ideas !

last time i made major changes like this the server died... just FYI

|W0rd|SexualTurtletara420ת/ύ: Hey there daddy..

\\\ ///
    ( @ @ )
    .....o00o.(_).o00o.....

------------------------------------------

Inactive N/U Marine
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:10894922

the rule box thing isnt a bad idea and if it helps the server unlimited awps for vote or a certain time isnt bad but as for the 1 flash i think that isnt a good idea flashs are part of the game

BloodThirsty Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:12668280

as much as i hate to admit it, The server was fuller when there was unlimited AWPs(I I do not like unlimted AWPs, but if it helps the server then whatever). I like the rulez box thing.

I think players should have access to a command that when it is entered in the chat box it will tell them all the admins inGame(even if they r in a different server).
    [img]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z54/zippo346/bloodthirsty_final_gif.gif[/img]

Inactive Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:11179033

i'm game for whatever you guys think will populate the server at the late night hours more cuz thats when im usually on
    some of the changes make take getting used to but it shouldnt be hard
    Its only gay if you push back

straf

For filling up the server?

I agree with quite a few of your ideas, but I'd recommend unlimited awps. The honest truth is we lose tons of people from the server every day because of "restricted awp" while they see others having it. The server was always more full when it was implemented. It stayed full later and got full quicker in the afternoon/morning.

I don't agree with the flashbang thing.

I also think the spawncamping needs to be restricted some. It gets old for a lot of players watching the same people round after round be the last person and still sitting in spawn. One minute seems a fair time to get out of spawn, assuming they're not going after the bomb or have a clear desire to go to the other side of the map thru spawn.

My 2 cents.

Thread Information