Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New ideas/changes to the server (pen and kat)

Shizzle

I would like to see the awps unrestricted simply for the fact it creates problems having it restricted.People often just camp and follow around the people with awps waiting for them to die so they can get thier awp rather then trying achieve objectives.Not to mention when you see a player like Insane have an awp like 50 rounds in a row it may be great for him but gets frustrating for others who can play on the server an hour and never get to use an awp.
    As for spawn camping I think the 1:30 mark is good as it is.I never see anyone complaining when its someone on CT who is camping the double doors past the 1:30 mark it's always the T's getting picked on.
    As for rates,Im still waiting for someone to clearly explain to me about rates.If I change my rates to play on this server how will it affect me when I join other servers cause other servers dont have a description of how to change rates and what the rates should be to play on that server.Someone like myself who has no idea what rates should be set at depending on the server is kinda hesitant to change my rates and then wonder if I'll be messed up when I play on other servers.
    My last comment is that there seems to really be a problem with people hacking,especially when it comes to people using anti flash hacks so I wouldnt mind seeing the flashes go since they only have an affect on people who arnt hacking.The worst part is there can be admins on the server and have like half the server complaining about one person and all that is said is that that person has been playing here a long time and doenst hack.All you have to do is spectate someone and you can see if thier having no effects with flashes and when it happens over and over again and that player isnt even turning away to avoid the flashes,rather is flashed repeatedly over and over and if your specing them you can see thier playing as if they had no effect.It really shouldnt matter if someone is playing on the server for the first time or has been playing there for a year,if there is a large number of people all complaining about one person then it should be looked into.I have seen more people the server because of this then any other issue brought up in this thread so far.

N/U Commando
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:15012290

This is good ! I like to see feedback from my players. You guys tell your friends i am wanting to see what they have to say. Thanks for posting your 2 cent it will be taken into account for the changes ahead.

Shizzle get with me or any of the D2 admins on The Rate issue please.

Pen will make it Crystal !!
    Carry your last name, Don't let it carry you !

Server Admin N/U Marine easytarget's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:5825314

I do not think restricting flashes is a good idea. Take away smokes if anything, but I personally do not like restrictions (esp awps). I think the rule box is a little much, we have the motd (hopefully back up soon) and word of mouth, which I think, brings our community closer together. Remember the admins' say is the final word!

~Easy

N/U Special Forces
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:10488049

ok i think the rule box would be a good idea - side note i think it wold be a good idea for all the servers incuding zm and maybe with lauage optin for non english speakers Ii.e korean, german french, iitilian, and spanish

i like idea of awp restricted and the 20 + rule cause i myself hate awps and i personally think it's causes more ppl to want to camp because they don't want to get hit by a one hit wonder i mean think about it ya got a awp wore at long A an ya spawn as a terr right in the line of sight before ya can buy weapon and ammo and shit POP IN THE HEAD AND UR DEAD to sit in spec 5+ mins i mean come on it's not fair to everyone else i think 2 to 3 awps max unless over 20 as stated ealier

i think removing flashes and just haveing smoke is more fair hence what shizzle said earlier

team talk when alive and all talk when dead is a good idea less chatter and more goal orienated

me personaly i think the restict awps shold be 24/7 but i know the awp whores want there chance so maybe from 1 am till like 11 or 12 noon would be fair kinda like the max ping setting in zm * ask nat *

auto restart every hr or two good idea restats the scores and refreshes server gives both teams fair advange at least for awhile

not sure bot sounds being removed since i'm not on admin in that server
    but the vapor thing and the no clip where ya walk thou ppl i think should be removed the body vapor is gay to me and the no clip confuess the hell outta me when i'm tring to kill a guy and disappears or walks thou me and gets behind me while i'm doing 180's to try and find him an i suck at reg CS:S anyways cause i don't play much anymore

and like shizzle mentioned ithink that all players should be baned kicked or repermented if using ANY HACKS inculding no flash or smoke no matter if there regulars or favored
    IT SHOULD BE A FAIR PLAYING FEILD FOR ALL NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE

k theres my 2 cents

p.s i know i have a knick for long post but i speak my mind which most people like bout me and i read alot i would be a famous author in another life !

THANKS KAMI
    [IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/badass4625/KamisSig.gif[/IMG]

[URL="http://www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/"][IMG]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/b_560x95.png[/IMG][/URL]

N/U Special Forces
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:10488049

SHIT SORRY

almost fogot this is for shizzle the rates for a 66 tick server should be set as follows

rate 25000
    cl_updaterate 66
    cl_cmdrate 66

and the rates atuomaticly reset themselves for every server ya join if i'm not mistaken
    but someone pls correct me if i am wrong
    [IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/badass4625/KamisSig.gif[/IMG]

[URL="http://www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/"][IMG]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/b_560x95.png[/IMG][/URL]

straf

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze_bad_ass View Post
    i like idea of awp restricted and the 20 + rule cause i myself hate awps and i personally think it's causes more ppl to want to camp because they don't want to get hit by a one hit wonder i mean think about it ya got a awp wore at long A an ya spawn as a terr right in the line of sight before ya can buy weapon and ammo and shit POP IN THE HEAD AND UR DEAD to sit in spec 5+ mins i mean come on it's not fair to everyone else i think 2 to 3 awps max unless over 20 as stated ealier

i think removing flashes and just haveing smoke is more fair hence what shizzle said earlier
    Hmm I don't agree with any of this. Awp is one of the easiest weapons to avoid in this game, assuming it's not a pro behind it. The only way you'll learn that is by playing against them. The awp and the flash are part of this game. Sure sometimes events can happen with either that seem ridiculous, but if 3 people are shooting at you with ak's, it's the same deal.

And as for rates. Set your:

cl_cmdrate 100
    cl_updaterate 100

in order to perform best on all servers. If you join a 66 tick server or a 33 tick server your rates will not reset, however the server will only read as much as the tick rate, ie on a 66 tick server it will only read 66 of your 100 cmdrate. This is the best way to go to avoid yourself a headache in the future.

NoSympathy

Auto restart always kills a server, I've seen it happen plenty of times. If there are not admins on to reset it after 200 rounds or so, then find more admins. Chances are lag is caused by something else anyway.

Restricting flashes would be like taking away armor, it's just part of the game. Smokes are one thing, but flashes are another as well as team flashes.

I also think that from what you guys have seen, unrestricting awps is a good thing for the server. To be blunt, if you don't like awps, why would you play on a 40 man server? You did say to unrestrict after midnight, but I would guess that a lot of the night life had been playing since before that time and probably wouldn't be if awps were restricted.

fishngeorgia

unlimited awps......the awp is a weapon that everyone should learn to use, and to get better, you need to have a continous use.
    as far as flashes, i'm with shizzle, they are only good on honest people.......when i flash in the doors and hear it vibrating on someones head and rush in, i get blasted in the face with their pistol, thats bullshit, so i elect to camp till 1:30, so fuck off umiss........too much emphasis on campers and not hackers..........if you want to kill a camper, at least you know where to find them.....i'm not going to stand in the wide open and have a shootout with ppl, i'm not a good shot, therefor i camp, around every box, corner, barrel and door, you will find the "FISH", it s great to be behind a door, first i see a barrel of a gun, then a long nose, then pops out badfish and spraying i go.......just once, i'd love to realize that i am playing on an honest server without any hacks involved......i don't think this will ever happen.......but i feel the admins here are doing the best they can and these ppl are why i call n/u my home...
    fish out....peace

Inactive N/U Marine
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:10894922

u went to far old man.....i think if fish wants to camp he can till 1:30 then get slaped around like a bitch and it is better cuz he gets owned by me there too and shizzle just so u know ct's objective is too guard the bombsite and t's is to blow that motherfucker up so as far ct's camping it is legit.......t's need to get the old ass moving along.....

baddie fishy siging off.....

p.s. - i have a pic of fishes daugther naked pm me if u want it.

weasel

sounds like fun, cant wait to play - the rule box might help, some of the kids that come on during the day are quite disrespectful of server rules and other players. Late at night is for sure the most fun time. I laughed so hard one night i couldent move my mouse.

Thread Information