Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Change of server name. Knife Game!

g0d! Contributing Member siosios's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:13488560
    Blog Entries

admin removed thank you for stopping by
    ------------------------------------------------

|W0rd|SexualTurtletara420ת/ύ: Hey there daddy..

------------------------------------------------
    \\\ ///
    ( @ @ )
    .....o00o.(_).o00o.....

------------------------------------------

fearmeh

thank you but when someone ruins all of your fun dont u think u would be pissed also?

NoSympathy

go to a knife server.

fearmeh

im not talking about the knife rounds im talking about takin all of admin privileges away except for votemap slay and admin chat thats overboard u could have set up a set of rules and made sure admins abide by them its just a suggestion tho
    Last edited by fearmeh; 04-05-2009 at 06:20 PM.

Inactive Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19132046

--- I know fearmeh doesn't want admin anymore so sorry to keep up with this thread, but to just follow up for the other admins / regs that read this and maybe to clarify a bit for me. ---

I may be wrong, Sio can probably clarify, but I'm assuming that no admin "powers" that we need to do our job will be taken away (kick/ban/mute/maybe slay?) but things like noclip and disarm and such I'm guessing will. I made a detailed post earlier agreeing with Shnarf and I hoped to clarify in that post as to why I agree.

Will it suck a bit having some of our admin abilities taken away? Yeah, but at the same time, when something like this is getting carried away then it is the right thing for the server and the regs in the server. From what I understand of Sio's post, we will still have the functions to be able to do our job correctly (how it is meant to be done) and maybe if we kiss a bit of ass we can get Admin Sounds back . But if losing the ability to do things like disarm and smack people around makes you not want to be an admin, then I think it is again a mentality issue about why you want to be an admin. I think as a general consensus at NU, the admins like to be admins because they enjoy the servers and community.

It really shouldn't suck for the new admins, since in the past, new admins would only have the very basic commands anyways until they got their feet wet a bit anyways. Ehh, I digress. I think its a good move, maybe after this blows over we can try to convince sio/pasties/mama to reinstate an admin a/b/c policy so that the admins that do the right things have more power/control but even then I can't say that it is a necessity, I can't think of a time that I would need to use some of the advanced admin commands except for extended period bans so that I wouldn't have to find someone else to move a ban to a week or so.

I appreciate this and I think it will help steer things back in the right direction, as I think the GG Car was getting off course. Thanks for taking action Sio / mama.

- As a side note, I would say that it had pretty much nothing to do with Shnarf and more to do with the numerous complaints as of late as well as Sio checking the log and verifying the crap.

Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:16187503

Well put Drink!

Thanks for taking the time to write it.
    [center][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/tomca631/jackd_gif2.gif[/IMG][/center]

[center]U%|}[/center]

[center][COLOR="Red"]|Ň/Ú| siosios: thise 2 cab cgat at ne wgeb u waje yo ub ub the morning im too drunk right noiw[/COLOR][/center]

IceBitch

Your missing the point of admin powers, they are not there for you to have fun with them, they are there for you to help the server do better. sorry that you think that this step is to far, but i think your wrong. this is what we need. this will help the server. Gun Game is exactly what it says its for Guns. yes a little fun rounds ONCE in awhile are ok, but what has been going on for the last few months is out of hand. I agree with what siosios has done, 100%. this can teach the admins that the power is not there just for fun. to slap each other around. to have that player as there amusment. and to many knife rounds is out of control.

I am sorry that we lost you. and the price for admin was set before you asked for you. if you thought it was to steep then, then you should not have asked for the powers. That money goes to the servers for all of them to keep them running the way they do. there are other servers out there that dont cost the same amount. sorry that you can not see that truly.

Everything that we do here is to better the servers and keep the regs coming back all the time so that everyone has a good time. we are here to increase the rules with the power that is given to you. not play with it. If any admin thinks that what is going on now with the server, better speak up now and have it dealt with or just keep it to yourself and enjoy what you have. it was not a toy in the beginning and its not any where close to the future. We are the "law". just be happy that the powers were not resrticted anymore then what is was.
    Thanks,
    Mama Ice
    p.s. Play nice
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Drink is right, Snarf, weather he is an ex-hacker or not, is not the reason for what is going on. he is just one of the few that has the balls to say it publicly for everyone to comment on. I get complaints everyday, by all the regs. about the shit that goes on in GG. i talk to the ones that cause the issues. but this is what needs to be said unfortunately. Thank you Snarf for bringing it to attention for everyone to understand.
    Last edited by IceBitch; 04-05-2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

fearmeh

im sorry guys its just a game and i dont know why i blew it way out of proportion maybe it was the fact that i didnt like shnarf to begin with but i know now that i blew it away far away.
    i still stand by what i said about shnarf. good luck to future nu stuff. kthxbai.

IceBitch

I'm sorry that you feel that way about a regular that's been cleared by the owners and jr owners. Shnarf has done nothing wrong in the servers sense he has come back. do not put past mistakes on him.
    this thread is not about him, but what is best for the servers. he is just one of the few that speaks his mind out in the open.

Default knifes

I agree that the knife rounds go for too long. When im on I usually indicate in the vote or tell everyone that will only last 3 or 4 rounds. The knife rounds are always put to a vote first and most of the time its an overwhelming percentage for them, put 3 or 4 rounds should be enough.

I play alot on the gun game server and I think that most of regulars like the knife rounds once in a while, maybe we could come up with a compromise or rule for them. I just think its a small part of what makes this the best gungamer server. It would be a shame to kill them all together, but schnarf and smurf are right they last to long sometimes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wow, didnt see page 2 and 3, my post was really dated, sorry!
    Last edited by FrEeBaSe; 04-05-2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Information