View Poll Results: Change config back so Koreans cant play?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please.

14 58,33%
  • No.

10 41,67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Change the config back???

Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:16187503

To all the Zombie server regs:

Please add me on xfire: tomca631 or add me to your steam friends.

I do not play zombie mod that often but I do pop in the server if I don't see an admins playing in there from time to time.

Xstorm and Juu Juu have already added me.

As long as I'm sitting in front of my comp. I am happy to help.

Also you should log into our Ventrilo server. All of the N/U admins hang out in there. If an admin does not have access on zombie server they will be able to find someone who does.

Thanks!
    [center][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/tomca631/jackd_gif2.gif[/IMG][/center]

[center]U%|}[/center]

[center][COLOR="Red"]|Ň/Ú| siosios: thise 2 cab cgat at ne wgeb u waje yo ub ub the morning im too drunk right noiw[/COLOR][/center]

N/U Special Forces
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:10488049

ok 2 quick points
    #1 i always use the sm_super menu to kick or mute players and i almost always use the sm_plist than ban website to do bans especally on the koreans and other foreigners

#2 as far as tring to get the other owners to play in zm or tring to twist there arms thats not what i'm tring to do and i do understand that not everyone likes the server but what i am tring to do is to get everyone in the community to open there eyes and see that we have a problem admist our community of servers and for us to pull together as a whole instead of what i think we are consitered as to the other servers as "The Misfits" or "The Nerds" where we only have a few that care to get everyone involed and to work out a solution to solve this problem that everyone can live with
    because as it stands right now we only got bout 5 to 6 admins and bout 10 to 20 regulars that seem to care bout the server at all instead of having bout a 100 or so give or take of admins and regulars that try to help in one way or another

a quick side note the reason i an't been on a whole lot in last 2 weeks is my wireless has went to the wayside in game but i plan on getting my own personal DSL service in bout one week give or take so hopefully i will be on more than
    but if any regs need me just hit me up and i will try and fix prob but i just can't really play
    [IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/badass4625/KamisSig.gif[/IMG]

[URL="http://www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/"][IMG]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/b_560x95.png[/IMG][/URL]

Inactive
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:21459913

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by NatalyaAF View Post
    Here's what will happen if we make the server a steam server again:

1: The Koreans won't be able to join.
    2: Nor will most of the other people who play on ZM.
    3: ZM will revert back to what it was before November with only a few players.
    4: It will lose its spot as the 13th most popular CS:S ZM server.
    5: I will NOT do anything to try to get players to join the server.
    6: Since the server lacks any other admins who would try to populate it, it will die.
    7: You will baww that ZM is dead and ask to have it changed into something else.
    8: ??????
    9: Failure.

Let me explain to you my story...

January 2008
    - Tara leaves. Zombie Mod is left with Random as its only Jr. Owner. It slowly loses popularity and eventually dies in April.

April 2008
    - ZM is completely dead.
    - Propmenu is added to the server by Siosios.

June 2008
    - I am given FTP access for N/U servers. I set about trying to revive ZM.

Summer 2008
    - Between June and August ZM gets some decent popularity. I play almost every day, however when me or another admin is not around, the server goes to the shitter and no1 plays.

August 2008
    - I go to Canada. When I come back a couple weeks later, ZM is totally dead.
    - I go back to University for the fall.

September 2008
    - Kami joins as an admin.

Fall 2008
    - I work hard on populating ZM. I play for most of my free time to get the server going. During the week, if we had 8 people on at any point in time, it was a good day.
    - My grades began to suffer from me spending my time in the server when I should have been studying. I was the only person who populated the server on a daily basis, though Kami tried to help with that too. But by November I got worn out from constantly trying to get people in there with no real other help.

November 2008
    - I am tired of trying to populate a server that remains dead without me and am ready to give up on it.
    - I no-steam the server as the last resort to populate the server.
    - The server explodes with players literally over night.
    - I spent a couple weeks working out the bugs with the anti-cheat and the ping kicker.

That is the time line of the server. If we set the server back to normal, I will NOT spend my time trying to populate it, and without a significant time commitment from ALL other admins on the server, it will surely die. I am not going to waste my life trying to get people to join a server that for some reason does not attract players. I've tried running mostly lila panic and atix helicocksucker. I've tried cutting down the file download size to 15 MB. I've tried the public skins contest. I've tried nearly every new map released for Zombie Mod between June and December. I've tried escape maps. I've tried inviting other clans to come play on the server. I've tried posting the server IP in my maps which I release publicly and other servers play. I've tried advertising the server on different websites. I've tried sitting in the server all day every day, leaving my computer on over night to idle in it. I've tried inviting admins from other N/U servers to play in there to get the server going. I've tried adding the !weapons menu. I've tried the !propmenu. I've tried adding various other scripts to make the server more enjoyable.

I'm tired of trying. I'm done. No one else has committed half as much time to the server as I have, and yet I could not succeed in populating it. I am done. If the rest of you want to volunteer to be on the server all day every day between yourselves, go ahead. But don't count me in. I'm done. If you really want me to put it back to the way it was, I will do it, but don't come crying to me when it goes to shit.[/SOAP]

dang, then keep the config the same, all we can do now is stay away from where they go. I never knew an a**load of effort and work was used to make the n/u servers popular as ever. Its best to keep them like they are. Too much work was put into it by natalya... Also, i wont be able to play if the server is steam so yea.
    Last edited by Natalya; 12-20-2008 at 07:07 PM.

bmwong620

I must be one of the few that are regulars on the server. Koreans make the server boom with people and won't bother you if they don't follow you. Muting them is a great way of stopping mic spammers. Going back to the old way would just destroy this server's rank and popularity. I must say i'm beginning to enjoy the koreans are free kills because they're not as smart as us and just follow you.
    RawR-B | Cardmaster

HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:11495812

Also, if you are having problems banning someone and cant seem to figure it out, and Natalya or me is on, we can ban them via HLSW if you just let us know.
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/weamdebest000/randomherosig-1.png[/img]

Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

We can? That's news to me. D:

How do I do this?
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:11495812

Angry

We can? That's news to me. D:

How do I do this?
    Use the rcon to ban their ip from the server itself. That or we can ban them with a manual ban from SourceBans.

I say this because I personally had a problem with the sm_banip yesterday. This guy was trying to set off the nuke in zm_atix_helicopter too early. After multiple warnings, kicks, and burns, I decided that he needed some banning. But, when I tried using the sm_banip it wouldnt work. I used his name, his IP, and his player #, but it would not work. I had to exit the damn game so that i could put his IP into sourcebans.
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/weamdebest000/randomherosig-1.png[/img]

unrealtaco

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze_bad_ass View Post
    ok 2 quick points
    #1 i always use the sm_super menu to kick or mute players and i almost always use the sm_plist than ban website to do bans especally on the koreans and other foreigners

#2 as far as tring to get the other owners to play in zm or tring to twist there arms thats not what i'm tring to do and i do understand that not everyone likes the server but what i am tring to do is to get everyone in the community to open there eyes and see that we have a problem admist our community of servers and for us to pull together as a whole instead of what i think we are consitered as to the other servers as "The Misfits" or "The Nerds" where we only have a few that care to get everyone involed and to work out a solution to solve this problem that everyone can live with
    because as it stands right now we only got bout 5 to 6 admins and bout 10 to 20 regulars that seem to care bout the server at all instead of having bout a 100 or so give or take of admins and regulars that try to help in one way or another

a quick side note the reason i an't been on a whole lot in last 2 weeks is my wireless has went to the wayside in game but i plan on getting my own personal DSL service in bout one week give or take so hopefully i will be on more than
    but if any regs need me just hit me up and i will try and fix prob but i just can't really play

had to quote all that becasue im to lazy to ask who the 5-6 admins are so i can add them (steam id and xfire please) Mines unrealtaco fro both as far as i know

N/U Special Forces
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:10488049

k taco

heres the list as i know it:

Random Hero - Jr Owner
    Vit - Backup Jr Owner
    Natayla - Server Godness
    Kamikaze Bad Ass - ME
    Zaku
    Zekeus
    Rey
    Sajora

non Regluar Admins or Backup Admins
    The Ronin
    Genuine
    Claydog - Gay admin LOL j/k
    Hellscream Rage
    Jackd

thats the list as i know it correct me if i'm wrong
    Last edited by Natalya; 12-17-2008 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Warlord never became admin so I removed him from the list.
    [IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/badass4625/KamisSig.gif[/IMG]

[URL="http://www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/"][IMG]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/b_560x95.png[/IMG][/URL]

Immigrant

Being experienced server developer like NatalyaAF, I 2nd her opinion.

Otto
    n00bsalad

Here's what will happen if we make the server a steam server again:

1: The Koreans won't be able to join.
    2: Nor will most of the other people who play on ZM.
    3: ZM will revert back to what it was before November with only a few players.
    4: It will lose its spot as the 13th most popular CS:S ZM server.
    5: I will NOT do anything to try to get players to join the server.
    6: Since the server lacks any other admins who would try to populate it, it will die.
    7: You will baww that ZM is dead and ask to have it changed into something else.
    8: ??????
    9: Failure.

Let me explain to you my story...

January 2008
    - Tara leaves. Zombie Mod is left with Random as its only Jr. Owner. It slowly loses popularity and eventually dies in April.

April 2008
    - ZM is completely dead.
    - Propmenu is added to the server by Siosios.

June 2008
    - I am given FTP access for N/U servers. I set about trying to revive ZM.

Summer 2008
    - Between June and August ZM gets some decent popularity. I play almost every day, however when me or another admin is not around, the server goes to the shitter and no1 plays.

August 2008
    - I go to Canada. When I come back a couple weeks later, ZM is totally dead.
    - I go back to University for the fall.

September 2008
    - Kami joins as an admin.

Fall 2008
    - I work hard on populating ZM. I play for most of my free time to get the server going. During the week, if we had 8 people on at any point in time, it was a good day.
    - My grades began to suffer from me spending my time in the server when I should have been studying. I was the only person who populated the server on a daily basis, though Kami tried to help with that too. But by November I got worn out from constantly trying to get people in there with no real other help.

November 2008
    - I am tired of trying to populate a server that remains dead without me and am ready to give up on it.
    - I no-steam the server as the last resort to populate the server.
    - The server explodes with players literally over night.
    - I spent a couple weeks working out the bugs with the anti-cheat and the ping kicker.

That is the time line of the server. If we set the server back to normal, I will NOT spend my time trying to populate it, and without a significant time commitment from ALL other admins on the server, it will surely die. I am not going to waste my life trying to get people to join a server that for some reason does not attract players. I've tried running mostly lila panic and atix helicocksucker. I've tried cutting down the file download size to 15 MB. I've tried the public skins contest. I've tried nearly every new map released for Zombie Mod between June and December. I've tried escape maps. I've tried inviting other clans to come play on the server. I've tried posting the server IP in my maps which I release publicly and other servers play. I've tried advertising the server on different websites. I've tried sitting in the server all day every day, leaving my computer on over night to idle in it. I've tried inviting admins from other N/U servers to play in there to get the server going. I've tried adding the !weapons menu. I've tried the !propmenu. I've tried adding various other scripts to make the server more enjoyable.

I'm tired of trying. I'm done. No one else has committed half as much time to the server as I have, and yet I could not succeed in populating it. I am done. If the rest of you want to volunteer to be on the server all day every day between yourselves, go ahead. But don't count me in. I'm done. If you really want me to put it back to the way it was, I will do it, but don't come crying to me when it goes to shit.[/SOAP]

Thread Information