View Poll Results: Change config back so Koreans cant play?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please.

14 58,33%
  • No.

10 41,67%

Thread: POLL: Change the config back???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

Quote Originally Posted by X-Storm
    Yeah Sajora i've aleady added many of the admins, and i've never seen any koreans getting banned for breaking the rules many times...simply if they break the rules they should get the same punishment as other would have.
    TBH I ussually give them harsher punishments...

Also, Sajora is one of the "foreigners" who plays on N/U.

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze_bad_ass

I REALLY WISHED THAT THE N00B UNLIMTED COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE WOULD DEDICATE SOME TIME TO OUR SERVER SINCE IT'S THE ONLY ONE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE but as a whole the other admins and regulars of other servers pretty much stay on there side of the tracks with a few visting every now and than manly jack'd and organ donor
    You can't honestly blame them for not playing on ZM. It's completely different from all the other N/U servers and attracts a different demographic of players. Also, ZM is not the only server in trouble. We might have a serious admin shortage, but look at Office U... That server needs help more I'd say than does ZM.

but i honestly do belive that MAYBE JUST MAYBE if the OWNER'S, JR. OWNERS, OTHER ADMINS, AND REGULARS ALL PULLED TOGETHER we could maybe take the server back from the koreans hands and pull it out of the gutters since we are the ones paying for it
    but i am like nat i am almost at point of washing my hands of the whole damn thing and just doing what i have to do when i'm in server for me personally to be able to enjoy it!! and i'm pretty sure most of the other admins and nat feel the same way AND SAYING TO HELL WITH IT!!

SO HERE'S MY CUE:
    LIKE NAT MENTIONED EITHER A.LEAVE SERVER AS IS AND either don't play when there on or just do what you have to do to enjoy the game and get a admin in if necassary to regulate as best as he or she possibly can.
    Note to everyone:
    We (Me and Random) are actively trying to get more admins so that the server can be policed more, so it's not like we're sticking our heads in the sand and doing nothing... It just takes some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey
    They follow you every round, their like fuckin sheep...

I can only ban for so long and half the time the ban doesnt work. I use the sm_super menu, most of the time i get get an "sm_banip failed" Also some of em have names like "R0x0r" and there is 3-4 of em... so cant ban them because you get "More than one player with this name" ...
    The sheep comment is true.

@sm_banip...

I posted a thread in admin chat that explains how to deal with these situations... For targeting players when they have similar names, type status in console and get their player number. It will be the first thing before their name, for example it might look something like:

# 284 Natalya[AF] STEAM_0:6263457266585

Well, if you wanted to kick me but there was also some jerk:

# 312 (1)Natalya[AF] STEAM_0:84667567327

You would use:

sm_kick #284 "Mic Spamming"

This would kick me not the (1) person. And yes, no space between the # and the number, even though it shows up with a space on the status list.

If you get "sm_banip Failed." then here's what you do...

Go to console, type sm_plist or in game type !players and then look at your console. You should see a similar list. It might be like this:

2. R0x0r STEAM_0:0:0 75.255.01.69

Just copy//pasta this and then go to n00bunlimited Bans and under admin panel, click the red X that says bans, and add the ban. Just select to ban by IP not Seam ID from the drop-down.
    Last edited by Natalya; 12-20-2008 at 07:09 PM.
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:11495812

Also, if you are having problems banning someone and cant seem to figure it out, and Natalya or me is on, we can ban them via HLSW if you just let us know.
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/weamdebest000/randomherosig-1.png[/img]

Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

We can? That's news to me. D:

How do I do this?
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:11495812

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by NatalyaAF View Post
    We can? That's news to me. D:

How do I do this?
    Use the rcon to ban their ip from the server itself. That or we can ban them with a manual ban from SourceBans.

I say this because I personally had a problem with the sm_banip yesterday. This guy was trying to set off the nuke in zm_atix_helicopter too early. After multiple warnings, kicks, and burns, I decided that he needed some banning. But, when I tried using the sm_banip it wouldnt work. I used his name, his IP, and his player #, but it would not work. I had to exit the damn game so that i could put his IP into sourcebans.
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/weamdebest000/randomherosig-1.png[/img]

Thread Information