Thread: Getting GG populated

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CaNNoN fOddEr Kung Fu Master SmurfSniper's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:20295429

well seeing as how we done that several times before... we would get "hey this map is pretty cool" then another saying the map sucks.... that one person saying "this map sucks lets go to something else" spreads like a virus and people say the map sucks without even giving it a chance... sorry lol I myself have spent countless hours looking through 150+ pages of gg maps trying to find maps that would fit the server. and most of those maps was exactly what you describe cog, but the end result is always the same.
    we even made it a rule that no admin could change the map... if the players wanted a mapchange they had to have a successfull votemap... but, apparently some didnt like that rule and would change them anyway. I think the only rule that is followed now is the knife vote percentage and amount of knife rounds.
    now if you want to get the whole map suggestion thread going again and get people to actually suggest maps maybe we could set something up one weekend and test some new maps and try to tie them in with the current popular maps like me n drink done before. we went through an entire list of the maps and sorted out what didnt need to be there, then set up a test server and had regs from gg join on us to check out the maps and tell thier opinions. of course every map we chose had 100% approval from everyone in there (dot can confirm this he was there)... so basicly when it was being tested.... everyone liked it and thought it would be a great gg map.... then they hit the servers and was played a couple of times tops and it was back to the norm.
    I know Im no longer Jr owner there but I would still do whatever to help the server, although I am limited on time (saturday nights pretty much)... and now I think my ass is going to bed I put in a 12 hr shift last night and my eyes are fighting me right now trying to shut....

quick suggestion on a good rotation.... or at least my thoughts
    when I say old, I mean maps that are way overplayed like shotty, deagle, or run n gun (which by the way is a full brite map and needs lighting cough cough) all still great maps! but they just bore me anymore, I like seeing new shit
    new, old, old, new, new, old, new, old, old, new, old, new, new, old, new-something like that :P
    or hell... new, old, new, old, new old would work
    Last edited by SmurfSniper; 02-24-2010 at 07:51 AM.

Thread Information