like noogy said, it depends a lot on what you're trying to accomplish. a clan is different than a community. my advice is this: don't even attempt to create a clan unless you are extremely serious about it. make sure you have the ability to devote a LOT of time to it. decide on what type of a clan you want to start. and lastly, don't even attempt to create one unless you are extremely serious about it (yeah, it's that important). i've been a leader in 2 or 3 clans (i seriously can't remember them all). i joined the first one to simply shut some kid up who was harassing me about joining <---- DO NOT do this. they really had no idea what they wanted to do, so i pretty much took over the whole organization process, got some ppl who were computer-savvy, created a web-site and got a server up and running. which is pretty impressive considering i do not know anything about how to run a server OR a website. the key? getting people i knew and trusted who knew what the hell they were doing. you can create a clan without having to create a website - i would suggest finalbattleground.com. they have everything you need to discuss what you guys want to do as well as offering some competition. if you are serious about creating a community, you need people who know what they are doing and who will dedicate their time daily to keep everything running. if you don't watch everything daily, it will fall apart in a matter of weeks if not less. i know this from experience. follow noogy's advice and you'll be fine.