Quote Originally Posted by Leite View Post
First off, in my school, if this was a term paper, and you guys had this many un-cited facts, they laugh at you.
Fortunately, we aren't in school and this isn't a term paper . What I mean by that is simply, speaking for myself and my posts, most of the numbers are facts and the rest is opinion. More directly, I hope people that disagree and/or don't believe the numbers and/or thing that I have personally said will go do their due diligence to figure it out. I personally believe that one of the biggest problems is that the majority of people get their information from 30 second news clips or paid advertisements on TV. (you can tell these people because they are strong in their argument until you ask them "why", and then they get defensive)

Quote Originally Posted by Leite View Post
The real reason America's economy has fallen by the wayside is not government. Its all about trade and energy.
So... to touch on this, this thread isn't really about why the economy has tanked, but moreover about what we, as Americans and our elected representatives, are doing as a reaction to this. Even more, it IS a critique on the current administration and their policies as well as the current body of congress in relation to the direct implication on the future of the economy and the country as a whole. Why the economy crashed is important, but understand as a precursor to many of the things that have been said here, I don't think that finger pointing about the root cause of the economic crash has been one. I don't want to dismiss your point and I agree with some of it, but I don't think that it is the premise of this post.